Weekly Devotional

weeklydevotional Ad2web

Each person should desire to grow closer to God, understand His will for their lives and do this by a deeper study in God's Word. Study tools provide a way to supplement personal Bible study.  Each week, the devotional posted will focus on a section of Scripture. We encourage you to make daily Bible reading and study a part of your daily routine.

• Visit the website weekly to read the latest Weekly Devotional and Daily Scripture
  • Members can subscribe to Email Alerts
  • The Weekly Devotional is also available by email. Subscribe on this page to be added to the email list.
  • Our Daily Scripture is posted on the website and emailed Monday-Friday to enhance the Weekly Devotional study. Click here to view online or sign-up on this page to receive both options by email. 

"...but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" 2 Peter 3:1

Spiritual Cleanliness

Posted in Weekly Devotional

As a child, I had to be FORCED to take baths, brush my teeth, and wash my hands. I simply didn’t think it was necessary, and it took away valuable time that could have been spent climbing trees, playing in the yard, or hitting rocks with a tennis racket.

As adults, however, what do we do when our bodies are dirty? How long will we allow ourselves to be physically filthy before we wash our hands, take a bath, brush our teeth, etc.? Most of us are highly uncomfortable when we are physically unclean, aren’t we? We are keenly aware of how we look, feel, and smell in these situations, and we place a priority on taking care of these issues as soon as they come up.

What about spiritual “cleanliness”? Are we as aware of our spiritual condition, especially concerning the “filthiness” of sin in our lives? How long will we allow sin to go on in our lives before we confess and repent of it? Are we more tolerant of spiritual “dirt” than we are of physical dirt? If other people could see/smell our spiritual condition, would we be more likely to address those issues sooner?

God’s Word challenges us to “cleanse ourselves”, spiritually. We would all do well to take a few moments to look into the mirror of God’s Word this week and give some attention to those things that we find that might need to be addressed. Will you do that this week? Let’s all take a look into God’s Word, pick up a bar of soap, and get cleaned up! 

SCRIPTURES:

1. 1.James 1:23-25
  2. 2.Psalm 51
  3. 3.James 5:16
  4. 4.I John 1:5-10
  5. 5.Romans 6:16-23