Weekly Devotional

weeklydevotional Ad2web

Each person should desire to grow closer to God, understand His will for their lives and do this by a deeper study in God's Word. Study tools provide a way to supplement personal Bible study.  Each week, the devotional posted will focus on a section of Scripture. We encourage you to make daily Bible reading and study a part of your daily routine.

• Visit the website weekly to read the latest Weekly Devotional and Daily Scripture
  • Members can subscribe to Email Alerts
  • The Weekly Devotional is also available by email. Subscribe on this page to be added to the email list.
  • Our Daily Scripture is posted on the website and emailed Monday-Friday to enhance the Weekly Devotional study. Click here to view online or sign-up on this page to receive both options by email. 

"...but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" 2 Peter 3:1

Accepted, Redeemed, Forgiven

Posted in Weekly Devotional

Ephesians 1:6,7

What a thought it is that God has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Jesus Christ; He has chosen us before the foundation of the world; He has predestined us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ. And now Paul even addes to that great list of what God has done for us. 

Surely is to His great praise that He has been so wonderful toward us. The gift list that Paul begins here is amazing as to its all inclusiveness. And all of that points toward one great trait of God and that is His grace. God’s grace is that gift of God that we have not deserved. It is providing us with these great gifts even though we do not, nor ever could earn or merit them. Grace is God’s wanting to save us in spite of ourselves and not because of ourselves.

We are accepted. I like the idea so very much of being accepted in the beloved...but notice where that acceptance is, “In the beloved” and it was “by His grace.” Now the implication is quite strong that “the beloved” refers to Christ. Notice the first of the next verse it is “In Him” that we have access to this Grace. In other words the grace of God is shown in Christ....and it is the grace of God that makes us acceptable. Remember because of past sins we are unacceptable to God, of and by ourselves.. we have done those things that would render us unacceptable. But God because of His great love provided salvation anyway.

We are Redeemed. “In whom we have redemption,... in Christ.” The word translated “redemption” actually means “deliverance or to ransom”. It is the same word used for ransoming a man who is a prisoner. It is the word used for freeing a man from the penalty of death. It is the word used for God’s deliverance of the children of Israel from slavery in Egypt. In every case is it used to describe delivery from a situation from which he himself was powerless. But our redemption was not a simple thing... It cost the blood of Jesus Christ.

We have forgiveness. How marvelous is this word, forgiveness. Grace implies that I am unworthy ..which I am. Redemption implies that I am in a situation in which I cannot find an escape by myself.  Forgiveness implies that the situation is now gone; that I do not have to face those sins or that circumstance again; that God is giving me an opportunity to begin all over again. 

What great blessings God has made available for us! But always remember that Acceptance, Redemption and Forgiveness all come by faith and obedience.