Weekly Devotional

weeklydevotional Ad2web

Each person should desire to grow closer to God, understand His will for their lives and do this by a deeper study in God's Word. Study tools provide a way to supplement personal Bible study.  Each week, the devotional posted will focus on a section of Scripture. We encourage you to make daily Bible reading and study a part of your daily routine.

• Visit the website weekly to read the latest Weekly Devotional and Daily Scripture
  • Members can subscribe to Email Alerts
  • The Weekly Devotional is also available by email. Subscribe on this page to be added to the email list.
  • Our Daily Scripture is posted on the website and emailed Monday-Friday to enhance the Weekly Devotional study. Click here to view online or sign-up on this page to receive both options by email. 

"...but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" 2 Peter 3:1

The Necessity of Peace

Posted in Weekly Devotional

The Necessity of Peace

Ephesians 4:1-3

Four great qualities have already been introduced, humility, gentleness, patience, love (that is enduring love). Now the obvious result of those is peace.

In looking at verse 3 there are two things mentioned .... two very fragile things ... things that can so easily be forgotten or depreciated.

They are Unity and Peace. They are inseparable...It is impossible to have one without the other. Because unity is not just existing together nor is peace just the absence of conflict. There can be no oneness without agreement. Amos 3:3 “can two walk together unless they be agreed.” This is the same oneness that Jesus spoke of in John 17:20,21 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me,and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.” John later spoke of that when he spoke of those who went out from us but were not of us. 1 John 2:19. It is also what Paul spoke of in Philippians 3:16 “Let us walk by the same rule, Let us be of the same mind.” 

That is what was enjoyed by the early church Luke tells us in Acts 2:46 that they “at their meat with gladness and singleness of heart.” Or again in Acts 4:32 when he says “they were of one heart and one soul.”

There is just something about that oneness that is so attractive. It isn’t the least bit surprising that the early church found favor with God and man. While at the same time, the Devil is always opposed... and he is going to stir up opposition... but when we are united and living at peace then others respect us greatly.

Peace may be defined as right relationships between man and man. Just to show how important it is that we be at peace with man... and as agreeable to man as possible consider some passages. Matthew 6:14,15 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will  your Father forgive your trespasses.” Matthew 18:35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

So it is of  utmost importance that I conduct myself in such a way that I live at peace with my fellow man Unity and Peace.

Ephesians 4:3                     Acts 2:46                                 

Amos 3:3                           Acts 4:32

John 17:20,21                    Matthew 6:14,15; 18:35

1 John 2:19