BLT PROGRAM INFORMATION
Buford Leadership Training (BLT) is for youth and teens, Kindergarten thru 12th Grade, who desire to learn how to use their God given talents, see growth in their abilities, and actively serve the church and others. We see this spoken of in Ephesians 4:11-15, where we are to “…grow up in every way into Him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.” BLT is setup to have adult mentors lead workshop sessions in different areas that are designed to teach and grow each person’s abilities. Application of these abilities is also a key part of this program. Throughout the year, opportunities will be available to serve the church. We encourage you to participate in these. Parents should guide youth in selecting the areas that they want to learn more about and grow in. Prayerfully consider the importance of this within your family and allocate the time needed to benefit from being a part of BLT.
Annually, Buford hosts the Leaderette Tea, Lads Celebration, and Puppet presentations, where all participants can take a part and Buford members can show their support. By using the Lads to Leaders/Leaderettes program, those interested can also participate in the National Convention held each Spring, where congregations of the church of Christ gather for a unique and uplifting experience.
The Buford Elders want to encourage our membership to become involved in this program through prayer, participating in the workshops, being a coordinator, and by using your talents in serving God.
- Registration is for Kindergarten – 12th Grade
- Participants need to register separately
- Registration is now open
Times and locations will be updated soon . . .
- ART SAYS IT – This includes Bulletin Board, Drawing/Sketching/Painting, and Photography. Coordinator: Hannah Hall
- BIBLE BOWL 3RD-12TH – Bible Bowl participants will meeting a couple times a month to prepare for team participation at the L2L Convention. Coordinators: Billy & Melanie Blake
- DEBATE – Debate is for 7th-12th participants. Girl and Guy teams prepare to compete in the L2L Convention. They meet September – April. Coordinator: J Hall
- G.I.F.T.S. GIRLS STUDY GROUP – GIFTS (Girls In Fellowship and Team Study), for girls 6th-12th grade, meets monthly (time/location TBA). This is a book study. Coordinators: Pam Newman, Tracy Thompson and Katelyn Newman
- GOOD SAMARITAN GROUP – Check the Bulletin for the latest service opportunities year round. Coordinator: Theresa Heilman
- G.U.A.R.D. GUYS – GUARD (Guys 7th-12th) meet once a month (time/location TBA). Coordinator: Chase Burnette
- GUYS LEAD AT OTHER CONGREGATIONS – Our Christian young men, 3rd-12th, go to area congregations on Sunday once a month, September – May, to lead the worship service. See the bulletin for details. (Dates/locations TBA) Coordinator: Ben Burnette
- JUNIOR LEADERS (K-2nd) – monthly, September – May. Parents are asked to walk their children to the room. Dates/time/location to be announced. Coordinator: Pat Owens
- KEEPERS – Coordinator: Casey Michaud
- PUPPETS – Coordinators: J Hall
- SONG LEADING – Guy participants learn to lead singing and grow in knowledge of pitch and reading music. (time/location TBA) Coordinator: Ben Collins
- SONGS OF PRAISE – Girl participants learn to lead singing and grow in knowledge of pitch and reading music. (time/location TBA) Coordinators: Connie Burnette & Anslie Hogan
- SPEECH (Guys) – Coordinator: Kyle Rye
- SPEECH (Girls) – Coordinator: Tracy Thompson
- TEACHER TRAINING – Teacher Training (7th-12th) meet monthly. They teach children Bible classes on Wednesdays during Spring Quarter. Questions: Kim Collins, Kim Sitton and Beth Allen
Lads To Leaders & Leaderettes
Since the foundation of Lads to Leaders (L2L) in 1968, the mission has been to develop youth into Christian leaders. From a group of eight boys in that first year to more than 20,000 boys and girls today, their mission has remained the same. The training tools that are part of the L2L program are adapted to aid in Buford’s Leadership Training program. The year-round and convention events result in a well-rounded, confident, spiritually grounded individual that has the right foundation to be a worker for the Lord from youth through adulthood. The L2L Convention is an option for your family to participate but not required to be in BLT.
2022 CONVENTION DETAILS
- WHEN – April 14-17, 2022
- WHERE – Marriott Marquis Hotel in Atlanta, GA
- THEME – Be Strong and Courageous (no specific Scripture)
- BIBLE BOWL – Joshua; The 2021 Bible Bowl study questions, test questions, and final round questions will be worded from the New King James Version ONLY.
- PEARLS – Facing Today’s Giants
- DEBATE – TOPIC: TBA
Typically events begin mid-day on Friday, April 15th with awards for pre-convention events in the evening. There are events throughout the day on Saturday, April 16th with awards again in the evening. Finally, a morning Worship service is offered on Sunday and concludes the L2L festivities.
(2022 Rulebook available soon)
Note – All songs copied to pass out at Convention should have CCLI 1953026 on each sheet of music.