ABOUT SONFLOWER PRESCHOOL
The mission of the Sonflower Preschool is to provide a safe, loving, and Christian learning environment for children entrusted to our care. All personnel are committed to this mission and will strive to serve your child and your family as you seek to serve God. Bible study is a part of each school day’s activities.
Our curriculum will encourage growth in all areas: physical, spiritual, social, emotional, and mental. Each child will be guided and encouraged to grow in self-reliance and self-confidence using their talents and abilities. Our model is Christ as recorded in Luke 2:52, “And Jesus increased in wisdom, stature, and in favor with God and man.”
HISTORY and operations
The Sonflower Preschool began in the Fall 1998. The Elders of the Buford Church of Christ saw the need for a Christ centered preschool. The focus for service of the school would be families of the congregation as well as families in the community.
Sonflower Preschool operates under the direction of a certified educator who has served the school as Director since it’s beginning. Oversight of the school is provided by a Board of Directors with varying backgrounds in education and child development.
The Director, teachers, security personnel and members of the Board of Directors are active members of the Buford Church of Christ.
We offer classes for ages two through four with sessions taking place Tuesday through Friday. Spacious classrooms, other facilities and security are provided by the Buford Church of Christ.
The School has classes for ages 2 years old through 4 years old with sessions taking place Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (4 Year Old’s only).
- Office Hours during the School Year – Tuesday – Friday from 9:30am to 1:30pm
- Office Phone Number – 770-945-0225
Tuition Rates for 2021-2022
The following rates are due on a monthly basis:
- 3 Day Tuition (T, W & Th) – $190
- 3 Day Tuition (T, W & Th) with family discount – $165
- 4 Day Tuition (T, W & Th & F) – $250
- 4 Day Tuition (T, W & Th & F) with family discount – $225
- Late Payment $10
Note – Cash, Checks, or Online Payments (fee charged) are accepted. Family discount is only for those with more than 1 student in the school.
Monthly Tuition, Late Fees & Registration (For the convenience of using Online payment there is a small fee based on the cost of using PayPal services). Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year going on now. If interested in registering, please fill out the below form and include the non-refundable registration fee:
- 2021-2022 Registration Form – click here
- Open Enrollment (First come, first served). There is a $150 Non Refundable Registration Fee.
- 2021-2022 School Brochure
- Informational Flyer
Please mail your Registration Form & Fee to the following address:Sonflower Preschool 1135 Chatham Road Buford, GA 30518
Note – We offer online payment of the Registration Fee (A small fee based on the cost of using PayPal services is applied). Please select the Registration Fee option when making your payment. Make a Registration Online Payment
- 8/24 – Mandatory Parent Meeting @ 7pm
- 8/25 – Open house for the 2s
- 8/26 – Open house for the 3s
- 8/27 – Open house for the 4s
- 8/31 – First Day of Preschool
- 10/28 – Fall Festival
- 10/7 & 10/8 – Fall Break
- 11/22-11/26 – Thanksgiving Break
- 12/20-1/4 Christmas Break