You are invited
The Buford Church of Christ: we seek to worship God, mature our faith, and encourage one another according to the pattern presented in God’s inspired Word. We do so by assembling for worship on the first day of the week and providing multiple Bible study opportunities throughout the course of the week. If you are looking for a place to grow in your relationship with God through worship and biblical study, then we invite you to join us at any of our designated assembly times.
WORSHIP – COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Visit these pages for special options for Worship and the latest Update by the elders.
WORSHIP and bible class TIMES
- 9:00 am – Bible Classes 성경 공부
- 10:00 am – Morning Worship
- 6:00 pm – Evening Worship
- 7:00 pm – Devotional and Bible Classes
일요일 : 예배 오전 10시 & 오후 6 (오전9시 성경공부)
수요일 : 오후 7시 성경공부
Visit our Education Ministry page for available classes and subjects by age/grade level.
about SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP
The church revealed in the New Testament met on the 1st day of every week (Acts 20:7) to remember Jesus’ sacrifice, His burial, His resurrection, to worship God, and to encourage one another through song, prayer, and admonition. In their worship, they followed the teachings of Jesus. These teachings were passed on by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to the apostles. (Acts 2:42) These acts of worship are simple and God given. We strive, on each and every first day of the week, to be followers of Christ by obeying His simple commands for how He wishes to be worshiped. Thus, we seek to follow the Biblical example of worship and that example alone. We want to worship the way God desires. Our doors are always open and we invite any and all to join us. Many ask, “What does your worship look like?” Well, this is what you would see:
- Public Reading from the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17). We believe that the Bible is the word of God and we seek His guidance each and every day. In our worship time, we read so that we may all be edified and encouraged by the words of God.
- Congregational a cappella singing that magnifies our faith in God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 14:15, Hebrews 15:15, Philippians 4:6). We sing as a group of believers. We sing praises to God. The whole congregation sings and all are encouraged to participate. It doesn’t matter if you have a good voice or can read music. It never did. It has always been about the heart of the one worshiping. We sing because He commanded that we should!
- Prayers offered to God through Jesus, consisting of praise, thanksgiving, confession, and requests. (Ephesians 5:20 and 6:18, Romans 12:12, 2 Corinthians 1:11). We go before the throne of God, in Jesus name, and bring intercessions to Him. He is the Great Physician and knows our every need. What a great honor to be able to go before the Creator of the Universe!
- Preaching from God’s Word (2 Timothy 4:2, Romans 10:14-15, 1 Corinthians 1:23). Each week we enjoy a lesson from God’s word. We come together to be encouraged, challenged, and exhorted toward a deeper faith, a stronger walk, and a more meaningful relationship with Jesus. You will also find an opportunity to respond to God’s message during the invitation song at the end of the lesson. Responses may include requests for prayer (James 5:16) or a public confession of loyalty to Christ (Matthew 10:32-33), repentance of your sins determining a change in one’s lifestyle to reflect commitment to Christ (Luke 13:3, Acts 17:30), and a desire to become a child of God through baptism. (Acts 2:38, Romans 6:3-7, Acts 8:34-39, Mark 16:16).
- Sharing with other Christians in the remembrance of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ through the Lord’s Supper. (Matthew 26:24-30, Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 11:23-29). As He commanded, we remember Jesus’ death each and every first day of the week. We do this because Jesus wanted us to remember. Throughout history, mankind has constantly forgotten all that God has done for them. We do not want to forget His sacrifice, His death, and His most incredible resurrection!
- Time for reflection to consider the blessings of God, along with an opportunity to give monetarily. Guests are not expected to participate, but are welcomed should they choose to do so. (1 Corinthians 16:1-2, 2 Corinthians 8 & 9) We give because He gave everything. Everything we own is a blessing from God. We are just temporary stewards of these material possessions. We give because we are blessed!
- There are more Scriptures that could be included in the study of the 1st Century church. We will be glad to study with you concerning any of these areas. Submit a Study Request and we will contact you.
about WEDNESDAY night BIBLE STUDY
Each and every Wednesday night has been set aside for mid-week Bible study for the whole church and visitors. You can expect the following schedule:
- Bible classes are available for all ages. This time is used to study God’s word, and to encourage each other in our daily walk with God. Visit our Education Ministry page for available classes and subjects. (Go directly to the class location.)
- Our Buford Youth Group (7th-12th) is located in the Upper Room (entrance off the upper parking lot) for singing and a lesson.
Worship Services and Bible Classes in the Auditorium are broadcast via our WATCH LIVE streaming. Actual broadcast times may vary slightly. Video will appear when the broadcast begins.
- Broadcast Schedule: Sunday 9:00am, 10:00am, 6:00pm and Wednesdays at 7:00pm. Special events are also broadcast live.
GO TO WATCH LIVE
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more, as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:23-25